The Learning and Tutoring Center of East Austin (LTCEA) was established in 2007 as a non-profit 501c3 organization for the purpose of providing free tutorial services to help children in academic subjects such as reading and mathematics. One of the most important contributions we can make to our society is to educate our children.
Our mission is to help eliminate illiteracy in our community and to enhance our children's abilities to obtain the academic, social and life skills needed for their future success.
Although our past summer programs have been successful, we still feel that we haven't done enough for the children of our community to enhance their learning abilities. One of our main goals is to reach out to at-risk youth who are on the verge of dropping out of school. We would also like to expand our services to year-round, such as evenings, after school and Saturday tutoring.
- Registration for the 2016 Summer Tutoring Enrichment Program (STEP) is now open! Sign up today on the Enroll page.
- Volunteer Tutors - we need you! Please submit your volunteer application on the Volunteer page.
- The 2015 STEP was held July 6 - 30, with sixteen students completing the program and twenty-five volunteer tutors working with them in reading and math. Click STEP to view highlights and pictures of our activities.
- The Work-Based Learning/Summer Youth Employment Program was held at the LTCEA on February 13 and 20, 2016 at 9:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m. for youth ages 14 - 17. We are proud that some of the youth that have attended our training in past years were offered summer jobs with the City of Austin. Volunteer trainers were on hand to speak on various topics such as Interviewing and What Employers Want (basic skills, thinking skills, personal qualities).
- Please contact LaVerne Banks at 512-507-3370 or email@example.com if you have questions or need more information about these projects.