Date of Birth *
Drivers Licene #
Emergency Contact Name
Emergency Contact Phone Number
VOLUNTEER GUIDELINES & PROCEDURES
All staff members and volunteers are to maintain the highest professional, moral and ethical standards in their conduct with students.
- Volunteers must maintain confidentiality regarding the work and lives of the staff members and students. This includes behavior and character issues.
- Volunteers must not copy or divulge any personal information that identifies staff, students and other volunteers such as names, birthdates, social security numbers, addresses, phone numbers, etc.
- Attire should be business/casual during tutoring and training sessions. Attire that is too revealing or provocative will not be tolerated.
NO short-shorts (if shorts are worn, they should be knee-length or longer). NO low-cut tops that are too revealing.
- A volunteer is a role model at the LTCEA. Therefore language and comments should always be appropriate for students to hear.
- Your work at LTCEA is valued. Please be on time. If you are unable to keep your commitment, please call or text LaVerne Banks at 512-507-3370.
- Please turn your cell phone off or put it on vibrate. You are welcome to use the office phone for brief calls.
- At the LTCEA, we prefer to address adults with their last names in the presence of students.
- Student discipline is the responsibility of LTCEA staff members. If you observe student behavior that concerns you, you should inform a staff member.
- Volunteers shall not drive students in their cars, nor shall they leave the LTCEA grounds with a student.
- If a volunteer has concern or input about an activity or procedure used in the classroom, we ask that they speak privately with the coordinator when students are not present.
- The front desk contains private materials. It is not appropriate to look at papers on the desk or in the drawers unless asked to do so.
- No smoking on the premises.
VOLUNTEER APPLICATIONS ARE NOW CLOSED.